Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gluten Free Eclair Cake


Gluten-Free Eclair Cake made by my daughters

My sister-in-law makes this delicious Eclair Cake for our Christmas party every year. When I was eating gluten, I had some, and man, it is delicious! Now that I am gluten free, I really missed it this last year. So for our Annual Christmas party this year, I had my daughters make a gluten free version for me. I love my sister-in-law, but this version is even more delicious. I hope you enjoy the recipe.


2 boxes of Jo-sef Vanilla cookies (these are ef, df, gf)
1 container of Cool-Whip
1 container of chocolate frosting (read labels, some have wheat in them)
1 package of French vanilla pudding

Mix Cool-Whip and pudding together. Add some milk to thin out the pudding to a spreadable consistency. Layer the cookies on the bottom of the pan, then pudding, then cookies, then pudding, then cookies, and then chocolate frosting the top. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 2 hours. 




 

Hope you enjoy this as much as I have!!!

A friend of mine said she uses chocolate pudding instead of french vanilla pudding, and she uses vanilla frosting instead of chocolate frosting. I am going to try that next time. I may also try it with cream cheese frosting.

1 comment:

  1. I love eclair cake! I may just have to make some this weekend. I like the idea of using cream cheese frosting too!

    ReplyDelete